Monday, May 15, 2017

Fall Creek



Well transfers happened last week and I have found myself in another part of Houston! I have now officially served in every zone in the mission! My new area is the Fall Creek Ward. It is in the Summerwood stake (same stake as Pine Trails from a year ago) so I'm happy to be here again!

My *new* companion happens to be my MTC companion from almost 22 months ago! Elder Goettsche from Pocatello, Idaho. It's always interesting being with a previous companion because there's hardly any adjustments needed. So we've been able to get straight to work!

We saw and taught some great people this week. One of the miracles was this sweet lady name Miss Shirley. We were in a neighborhood with about 45 minutes on our hands since the lesson we had planned for had just fallen through. So we decided to try a former investigator near by. After knocking and ringing the doorbell, this sweet older lady who ended up being the grandma of the former investigator came and answered the door. Miss Shirley liked to talk a lot. But she didn't go off on random tangents, it was all focused on the gospel. We got the feeling she's quite lonely, but at the same time she asked some really great questions about the Plan of Salvation. We are excited for our next meeting with her on Wednesday.

There is a variety of people here in Fall Creek, we were able to teach the area's most progressing investigator named Lupe. She has some interesting concerns because of her past experiences with churches being quite negative, but we hope that as we continue teaching her and as she comes to church her attitude toward religion will turn around. We had a member with us that was able to answer her concerns really well. Things are looking promising!






Mother's Day Skype was awesome! I can't believe it was my last Skype.. 2 1/2 months and I'll see them in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment