Monday, March 27, 2017

A new comp

Sorry for emailing late. We have just had zero time due to business with transfers..l

I honest have no idea where those past 7 weeks went. I know they happened but that was seriously the fastest transfer of my mission.

Elder Bohne, the Basketball Legend, had now left Beaumont. He served in this zone for 16 months straight. He got called to 3 different areas within the zone. That's pretty unusual. He told me right after he got the transfer call that I will always be known as the missionary who inherited Elder Bohne's zone haha. I totally felt the weight of a huge mantle of leadership descend on my shoulders right then. Lol I'll be alright though.

My new companion is pretty cool. His name is Elder Biesinger. He's from Spanish Fork, Utah. He wrestled down there in High school. Elder Biesinger was actually my Zone Leader from when I was in Kingwood! He and Bohne just switched places. I was 90% sure I was getting Biesinger this transfer. Elder Biesinger has served in Beaumont before, it was over a year ago. But he does remember some stuff so we are having fun.

This past week had some great moments. A lot happened on Sunday. We were asked to speak with a member of the mission presidency, Art Rascon. That guy is a legend and very inspirational. So I spoke, and then Elder Bohne spoke, and then President Rascon. We all spoke on missionary work and the Atonement. To make Sunday even better, we finally had someone come to Church! It's been a long time coming but our investigator finally came! He is from India and we taught him a while back. He's been reading the Book of Mormon every day since last Tuesday when he reached out to us. Last Tuesday was our temple trip and on the way there we got a text from him out of the blue asking us if we could meet. He had read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon and wanted to visit. That was such a tender mercy!

There was a huge storm that passed through here the other day. The clouds and lightning pics are from the storm :)








No comments:

Post a Comment