Monday, February 20, 2017

A full font...



So rain doesn't actually fill up the fonts down here in Texas.. They probably could, seeing how it is pouring rain outside right now.


But there was a font that was filled this week! Last week I got a call from Elder Wolfgramm (my last companion) telling me that Maria was all ready to be baptized on Saturday! That was SUPER exciting! I made sure I got permission from President so I could attend. It was a 2 hour drive to Kingwood on Saturday, but I would't miss Maria's baptism for anything. Her grandson was also there (he's a recent convert) along with his own kids. He has a son who is 8! I will attach a picture below. BTW Maria is 81 and from Puerto Rico. She liked us so much that she considered us her kids and wanted us to call her Abuela. It was such a blessing seeing her through baptism!


It's really hard to top baptism stories, but we had some amazing finding miracles this week that I feel like I could include one.


We recently got a referral through mormon.org about a girl who ordered a BoM through the website. And let me tell you how prepared she is! She told us that she has been going to different Churches for a while and hasn't really felt "at home". That's why she hasn't been baptized yet! She told us she needs to have "some sort of confirmation" from God before getting baptized. Honestly when we told her about Joseph Smith and his situation with all the different churches and confusion, her response was "So Joseph was kinda like me". We had a great lesson on the Restoration with her. She goes to school at Lamar and is busy between work and classes, but we know with God's help she can easily find the time to study and gain a testimony so she can be baptized.


Besides getting blessed spiritually, we also get blessed temporally. We had this member take us out to this super nice Cajun seafood restaurant called Floyd's. It was so good! I got grilled Mahi Mahi. It was pretty good! A whole bunch of people were getting crawfish plates.. they looked good!


Well I also got my first tastes in doing some ZL stuff. We have exchanges 1-2 times a week with all the Elders we have in the Zone. We had one this week where I went down to Port Arthur! We totally forgot to take some pictures.. it rained all day but the Lord blessed us to find 2 new investigators! It was awesome. We've also been preparing for our segment we're presenting in Zone Conference tomorrow.. wish us luck!


Love,

Elder Blackburn



No comments:

Post a Comment