Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!



Happy New year!!


2017 has officially arrived. Holidays just seem to blend together on the mission. We did a lot of proselyting New Year's Eve and everyone who we talked to wished us a happy New Years, and every time they did I was reminded that it was a holiday. I totally forgot it was New Years Eve on Saturday.

Well I hope y'alls week was awesome! Transfers were at the beginning of last week. I said goodbye to Elder Haymans who is now home and living up life as an RM. My new Companion is Elder Wolfgramm!  He came from Orem but lived most of his life in Canada. He has been out 6 months, and Kingwood is now his second area. We had quite the adventure this week, and I can tell it's going to be an awesome transfer! Also, Elder Wolfgramm was Elder Durtchi's MTC companion, so that's cool.

We had some awesome experiences this week that has led Elder Wolfgramm to believe Kingwood is the promised land. One super funny thing is during the week, we had conversations about buying water, fish, pomegranates, and martinellis, and then back to back members randomly dropped said items off. It was hilarious. I tried to get Elder Wolfgramm to believe this happens all the time in Kingwood.

We had some stellar teaching moments this week. Our part member family is progressing super well. We had an instance where we couldn't contact them over the phone, so we stopped by their house. He let us right in and said "let's finish where we left off" and we taught him L.3 the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was awesome! And to make it better... THEY ALL CAME TO CHURCH SUNDAY! It was awesome! Brad has some friends in the ward already, so when they came their friends were already saving them a seat. The best part came when he was introducing himself in priesthood meeting. He goes, "hi my name is ___ and I've been here a couple times but plan to see more of me cause I'm gonna be here permanently." It was so cool! The Elders quorum president was impressed.

Also a member gave us Alaskan salmon.. it was sweet!

Here's to 2017!! Until next week!


Love,
Elder Blackburn


No comments:

Post a Comment