Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Transferred!

So last time y'all heard from the adventures of Elder Blackburn I was
still living the country life in Fred with a Truck, a Trailer, and
plenty of country cooking...

...and quite a bit has changed since last week.

So we got a call Tuesday around 4 p.m. From President Drake. Elder
Rasband thought he was calling to set up an interview because his
temple recommend expired and he had emailed president about it. Well
we were both surprised when he called for me. He quickly told me that
he had received revelation and I would be getting transferred. He told
me I needed to pack my things, and he would be coming to pick me up
tomorrow at 3:30 and that I was going to the Pine Trails zone.

Ok..

So in about 5 minutes my mission dramatically changed. I was super sad
to find out I was leaving Fred. The people were great, I loved the
branch, the food, and the work had really picked up. But nevertheless,
if it's he Lord's will, I've got to follow. We had a baptism scheduled
for the 25th in Fred and I really hope it works out so I can come back
and tell everyone I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to say goodbye.
Fred was a great place for mission memories. Maybe I'll get the chance
to finish there or something. I never thought I would get so attached
to the country and whatnot but I guess it wore off on me.

But anyways, the drive to Houston was a good one. President even took
us to chic-fil-a, something I haven't had in a while.

So I'm currently in the city again. I'm on the north eastern side of
Houston in an area called Tidwell. They have a baptism scheduled for
the 26th of this month so if that works out its gonna be a wet
weekend! The work is good, there are so many people down here. We even
found some super sweet miracles. For example this lady who ordered a
bible for us straight up told us she doesn't think her baptism was
done by proper authority, and if she found out there was proper
authority she'd get baptized again. I think this area is gonna treat
me well!

So I have 3 weeks to learn the area and then I get to lead it out. It's
gonna take a miracle. I know a lot of missionaries from when I served
in a different part of Houston in Broadway. But I think I've been in
the country for too long because it seems like there are a ton of
people here. My companion, Elder Syphus pointed out an airplane and I told him I
hadn't seen one for 3 months and 2 weeks while I've been in Fred. He
gave me a weird look haha.

So here's my new address:

12635 East Tidwell Road apt 508
Houston TX 77044

For spiritual thoughts I decided I really like what Mormon has to say
in his book. And I, referring to his book right before Ether. We read
Mormon 9 and it provides some great insights of how we will feel in
the presence of Heavenly Father if we don't repent.

1 And now, I speak also concerning those who do not believe in Christ.

2 Behold, will ye believe in the day of your visitation--behold, when
the Lord shall come, yea, even that great day when the earth shall be
rolled together as a scroll, and the elements shall melt with fervent
heat, yea, in that great day when ye shall be brought to stand before
the Lamb of God--then will ye say that there is no God?

3 Then will ye longer deny the Christ, or can ye behold the Lamb of
God? Do ye suppose that ye shall dwell with him under a consciousness
of your guilt? Do ye suppose that ye could be happy to dwell with that
holy Being, when your souls are racked with a consciousness of guilt
that ye have ever abused his laws?

4 Behold, I say unto you that ye would be more miserable to dwell with
a holy and just God, under a consciousness of your filthiness before
him, than ye would to dwell with the damned souls in hell.

5 For behold, when ye shall be brought to see your nakedness before
God, and also the glory of God, and the holiness of Jesus Christ, it
will kindle a flame of unquenchable fire upon you.

Now this might sounds really scary but It actually makes me super
grateful for repentance! He's got some powerful words to say for us.
We don't have to choose paths that lead us to what Mormon talks about
here.

Love,
Elder Blackburn


No comments:

Post a Comment