Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Welcoming a new member


Hey guys! Thank you so much for the prayers on Behalf of Jess. The baptism was awesome! We didn't think there was going to be a lot of people there, but we filled the room! That is the best feeling is when you feel the support of the ward at the baptism. We took some great pictures, so you can see them at the bottom of this email. I will have to say Jes is probably the most outgoing person out of all the people I've taught on my mission. She only missed one lesson out of the past 4 weeks we've been teaching her. It was awesome! Everything has gone well. From teaching to baptism. It'll be sad when I don't get to witness miralces like Jess everyday like I do now! Elder Goettsche was able to make it to the Baptism too! So it was cool having a baptism with my MTC companion.

We also got to meet the new mission President and his family! The Hewlett's are awesome! We reminisced about good ol' Centerville. I asked if much had changed, they said "not really" haha. It doesn't look like I've missed much! They are super cool though!! I'm really excited I get to work with them for the next couple weeks. They asked Elder Kelland if I was trunky, he said yes haha but we baptized this week and they were all really impressed. I'm not that trunky!

On Tuesday we did service for a sweet old southern lady that Spencer Smith found while selling pest control. She lived slightly out of our area so we called up her actual Elders and they helped us out. It was awesome. So many centerville-ians!

That's about it! More to come


No comments:

Post a Comment